Boy, 15, Fatally Shot in Downtown Brooklyn Park, Police Say – The New York Times
A 15-year-old was shot dead while sitting on a bench in a park two blocks away. Police say two young men wearing ski masks got into an argument, then a fist fight, and at least one shot was fired.
The 15-year-old boy was shot once in the stomach after an after-school brawl turned deadly inside a city park packed with people.
Police say two males approached a student sitting on a bench, and a fist fight ensued. One male was armed with a firearm, and the other male was wearing a ski mask.
The boy was rushed to a hospital, where he was pronounced dead.
Police say 30 people were in the park at the time of the shooting, and several people had guns and knives. A memorial has been set up for the 15-year-old victim.
Police are asking anyone with information to call the NYPD’s Crime Stoppers hotline at 1-800-577-TIPS (8477), or for Spanish, 1-888-57-PISTA (7478). They are also interviewing the two girls who were with the 15-year-old when the shooting happened.
Unique Smith, a student at Brooklyn Laboratory Charter Schools, was the victim who was shot dead. Police had no motive for the attack on Smith, but sources told news outlets that the victim was targeted.
To learn more bout this shooting, please consider the news outlets listed below to stay in the know.
- Boy, 15, Fatally Shot in Downtown Brooklyn Park, Police Say The New York Times
- A 15-year-old shot in a Brooklyn park after leaving school has died, police say CNN
- School community shaken up after 15-year-old shot dead in Brooklyn CBS New York
- Student, 15, shot and killed in Brooklyn after school Spectrum News NY1
- 15-year-old student fatally shot in Brooklyn park Eyewitness News ABC7NY
- View Full Coverage on Google News