Thirty-year-old mother found hanging from a dock

LEAGUE CITY, TX – The tragic death of Giselle Tapia-Salazar, a 30-year-old mother of four, has left a community in shock and police suspect foul play. Her body was discovered hanging from a dock on May 31, and authorities are now investigating the circumstances surrounding her death.

Detectives have identified two persons of interest and believe that Giselle may have died elsewhere before her body was moved to the dock near her boyfriend’s boat. James Hart, her boyfriend, has publicly stated his innocence, emphasizing his love for Giselle and his anguish over her death. “This is the worst thing that has ever happened to me. It feels like a nightmare you can’t wake up from,” Hart said, expressing his grief and frustration.

Hart recounted that Giselle left the boat early in the morning to use the bathroom but never returned. He acknowledged the suspicions directed at him but maintained his innocence, saying, “I didn’t have anything to do with it and I never would have. I loved Giselle more than anything in the world.”

The discovery of Giselle’s body was made by Christian Allen, a neighbor in the marina, who initially mistook her for a mannequin. Upon closer inspection, Allen recognized her and noted that one of her arms was in an unnatural position. “I didn’t buy the whole suicide thing,” Allen remarked, a sentiment now shared by the police.

League City Police Lt. Eric Cox explained that the position of Giselle’s arm suggested she had died elsewhere and was moved post-mortem. Investigators are reviewing nearly 2,000 surveillance video clips to piece together the events leading up to her death. The last known footage of Giselle alive shows her on Hart’s boat around 1:35 a.m. on the day she was found.

Hart hopes the surveillance footage will reveal the truth and exonerate him. “There’s so many questions and not many answers. There should be no doubt who did this. There are so many cameras in this marina. There’s no way this isn’t all on film,” he said.

The couple’s tumultuous relationship was known to neighbors, who described their interactions as intense and passionate. Despite previous disturbance calls to Hart’s boat, he insists that their love was genuine and that he seeks justice for Giselle and himself.

As of June 11, no charges have been filed, and the official cause of death is still pending from the medical examiner. Residents of the typically quiet marina are anxious for answers, with Allen voicing concerns for the safety of his family. “I want them to catch them because my kids are here and I don’t want to live near a murderer,” he said.

Anyone with information is urged to contact League City police at 281-332-2566 or Galveston County Crime Stoppers at 409-763-8477.