Highland Park shooting person of interest Robert Crimo captured after manhunt – Fox News
Police captured Robert Crimo III, 22, after a brief car chase. He was suspected in a shooting at an Independence Day parade in Highland Park.
Robert Crimo III, 22, was taken into custody and will be questioned about the mass shooting.
Crimo is a person of interest in Monday’s shooting that killed at least six people and wounded about two dozen more.
The gunman targeted spectators along the sidelines of the parade and accessed a roof of a business via a ladder in an alley attached to the building.
The motive for the shooting is still under investigation. The suspect had posted some bizarre content online. Including one video in which Crimo portrayed a school shooting and another in which he cartooned his demise in a standoff with police.
Authorities said state police, Chicago officers, the FBI and the Lake County Sheriff’s Office assisted in the investigation.
For more on this story, please consider these sources:
- 6 dead, 30 hurt in shooting at Chicago-area July 4 parade The Associated Press
- Highland Park shooting person of interest Robert Crimo captured after manhunt Fox News
- Highland Park is an affluent suburb where 1980s movies were filmed Insider
- The Fourth of July celebration that ended before it began Evanston RoundTable
- Alert: Police chief: Person of interest in July 4 shooting at Chicago-area parade is in custody after brief chase San Francisco Chronicle
- View Full Coverage on Google News