Roscoe’s Chicken and Waffles in Los Angeles became a bloody mess after a man came into the restaurant to rob rapper PnB. It was reported that the rapper had posted his meal location on social media just minutes before the robbery occurred.
Los Angeles Police Chief Michel Moore said Tuesday that the gunman who killed PnB Rock demanded jewelry and other valuables before opening fire at the South Los Angeles restaurant Roscoe’s House of Chicken & Waffles.
It is unclear whether the rapper’s appearance at the restaurant led to the attack, which occurred shortly after the rapper was tagged on social media.
The 30-year-old, whose real name was Rakim Allen, was at the restaurant with his girlfriend, who posted a location-tagged photo on Instagram.
As they were enjoying a simple meal with family and friends, [he] was brutally attacked by an individual who apparently followed a social media posting to the place,” Moore said.
Sources told PnB Rock was targeted for his jewelry by the suspect who brandished a firearm inside the restaurant.
During the robbery, Muniz said the assailant shot Rock almost immediately.
The perpetrator shot the victim and fled the scene in a getaway car.
In an interview with Muniz, he said the victim died at 1:30 p.m. after being taken to a hospital.
For more on this story, please consider these sources:
- Philadelphia rapper PnB Rock shot and killed at Roscoe’s Chicken & Waffles in South Los Angeles WPVI-TV
- Rapper PnB Rock shot while eating at South L.A. Roscoe’s Chicken and Waffles: TMZ KTLA 5
- Rapper PnB Rock fatally shot during robbery at Roscoe’s; police seek gunman Yahoo Entertainment
- Entertainment community reacts to PnB Rock’s reported death FOX 11 Los Angeles
- Rapper PnB Rock Dead at 30 After Shooting at Roscoe’s TMZ