Philadelphia shootout leaves teen dead in city’s Kensington section; roughly 80 shots fired – WPVI-TV
A shootout happened in the 3400 block of North Palethorpe Street in Kensington, between Tioga and Ontario Streets, and a 17-year-old was shot multiple times.
A Ring camera captured video of gunmen shooting a teenager in Philadelphia on Thursday night. Police recovered multiple weapons and several magazines from the scene of the incident. After the shooting, authorities now have several suspects that are in custody.
A SWAT team was called to the scene of a shooting where at least 80 shell casings were found. Two different guns were recovered at the scene, including an AK47-style short rifle and a handgun. The high volume of gunshots triggered a brief barricade situation at the time of the shooting.
Police say two men barricaded themselves inside a garage on Palethorpe not far from where the shots were fired. The SWAT team was called in and penetrated two steel roll-down gates, but no suspects were found inside. However, cash and ammunition were found inside.
The 17-year-old boy who was shot multiple times was attempted to be treated. He was rushed to Temple University Hospital, but he died a few minutes later.
Three people were stopped leaving the shooting scene and questioned. Two people were taken to Temple University Hospital with gunshot wounds.
For additional information on the details of this gruesome shootout, please consider the news outlets listed below to stay in the know.
- Philadelphia shootout leaves teen dead in city’s Kensington section; roughly 80 shots fired WPVI-TV
- Philadelphia police looking into possible connections in multiple shootings in city CBS Philly
- Boys, 14 and 17, Walk Into Hospital After Being Shot in Philadelphia NBC 10 Philadelphia
- Teen killed in barrage of gunfire in Philadelphia’s Fairhill neighborhood, more than 80 shots fired FOX 29 Philadelphia
- Deadly shootout in Kensington leaves teen dead CBS Philly