Asteroid on NASA’s “Close Approaches” Database To Miss Destroying Earth Tomorrow

Asteroid Head by Earth - Photo by Bryan Goff on Unsplash

Enormous ‘potentially hazardous’ asteroid to soar past Earth tomorrow – New York Post

A few days after an asteroid the size of the Golden Gate Bridge “missed” Earth, a new close encounter of the third kind is rapidly approaching at 23,300 MPH.  This time the size of two Empire State Buildings is undoubtedly enough to end a giant metropolis on Earth.  Fortunately, NASA has it pegged at 2 Million Miles from Earth on Flyby, as long as the math holds up and you believe in the scientists at NASA (in a positive spin for us, we do).

NASA claims to have found 90% of the planet-killing asteroids in our vicinity, leaving 10% unfound and on the hunt for our lonely planet.  According to NASA, you can rest well that most asteroid strikes would likely ‘only’ take out a city, not the entire world, as the asteroid has to be more than 0.55 miles wide to create a global catastrophe.

In an additional Fun fact: A man named Tony Dunn said the asteroid which we will meet tomorrow is around the size of 217.4 giraffes; we wrote him to ask about the size of the asteroid in Bitcoin, he has yet to respond.

Read more on this story here:

  1. Enormous ‘potentially hazardous’ asteroid to soar past Earth tomorrow  New York Post
  2. Asteroid twice the size of the Empire State Building will fly by the Earth Thursday  Daily Mail
  3. ‘Potentially hazardous’ asteroid twice the size of the Empire State Building will skim past Earth Thursday, NASA says  Livescience.com
  4. “Potentially Hazardous” Asteroid The Width Of 2000 Ferrets To Whizz Past Earth Tomorrow  IFLScience
  5. Gigantic Asteroid Is About to Skim Past Earth, NASA Says  ScienceAlert
  6. Tony Dunn says the asteroid is the size of 217.4 giraffes Twitter
John Nightbridge is a veteran reporter, researcher, and economic policy major from UCLA. Passionate about world issues and potential ways to solve them is a significant focus of his work. Writing freelance and reading the news are John's passions at work. Outside of work, it's all about sky diving, surfing, and stock market modeling.