3 Arkansas law enforcement officers suspended after arrest beating caught on video – USA TODAY
Three Arkansas law enforcement officers were suspended on Sunday over a video that showed two deputies and an officer striking a suspect under arrest. The Mulberry Police Department said the officer involved in the incident is on leave pending the outcome of the investigation.
Police were called to a convenience store in Mulberry, Arkansas, where a man was making threats to an employee. The man was later arrested and charged with burglary, resisting arrest, and assault.
The man who was arrested allegedly made terroristic threats to a gas station employee, spitting on them and threatening to cut off their face. He then traveled to Mulberry, where he attacked a police officer, pushing the officer to the ground and punching the officer’s head.
The Crawford County Sheriff’s office acknowledged the video on social media and requested Arkansas State Police to investigate the incident. Arkansas State Police confirmed they had opened an investigation into the use of force by the three officers.
Two deputy sheriffs and a Mulberry Police officer are on suspension due to an investigation of excessive force.
To learn more about this story, please consider the news outlets listed below to stay in the know.
- 3 Arkansas law enforcement officers suspended after arrest beating caught on video USA TODAY
- UPDATE: Crawford County officers caught on video pummeling shoeless man, deputies suspended Arkansas Times
- 2 Deputies suspended, 1 Mulberry police officer on leave after video shows violent arrest 5NEWS
- Three Arkansas officers suspended and under investigation after video shows use of force KNWA
- Man brutally beaten by Crawford County law officers was treated for injuries, then jailed Arkansas Times
- View Full Coverage on Google News