West Philadelphia shooting: 5 shot near Shepard Recreation Center; 3 arrested – WPVI-TV
Five people were injured after nearly 100 shots were fired outside of a West Philadelphia recreation center while children were inside practicing sports. One victim is in critical condition, and two others are in extremely critical condition, police said.
Police heard gunshots and saw four males getting into a white SUV. The car that they drove to get away from the scene of the crime crashed just blocks away. Three of the suspects were caught, and three others are being sought by authorities.
Upon arrival, police found five people suffering from gunshot wounds near a playground in Philadelphia Tuesday night.
Investigators determined the fifth victim was driving a BMW when he unknowingly drove into the gunfire and was struck. He had a permit to carry, but it’s unknown if he fired his gun.
5 people were shot, and almost 100 rounds total were fired in the area of a rec center in Philadelphia. One victim is in critical condition and two others are in extremely critical condition, police said.
The men jumped out of the car and tried to run away from the police before being taken into custody. Multiple guns were found inside the getaway car, and nearly 100 shell casings were found on the scene.
For more details on this violent shooting incident, please consider the news outlets listed below to stay in the know.
- West Philadelphia shooting: 5 shot near Shepard Recreation Center; 3 arrested WPVI-TV
- Five injured after nearly 100 shots fired near Philadelphia playground, police say Fox News
- 5 people shot near West Philadelphia playground CBS Philly
- Nearly 100 shots fired in quintuple shooting outside West Philly recreation center, police say PhillyVoice.com
- Three people will be charged in the quintuple shooting near Shepard Rec Center in West Philadelphia The Philadelphia Inquirer
- View Full Coverage on Google News