Box Office: ‘Doctor Strange 2’ Flies to Sensational $90M Friday – Hollywood Reporter
Marvel Studios and Disney’s Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness opened with $90 million on Friday, giving it a domestic debut of $170 million to $185 million.
The sequel to Doctor Strange is playing in 4,545 theaters, the fifth-biggest of all time, and the first teaser trailer for James Cameron’s Avatar: The Way of Water is premiering before Doctor Strange 2.
Cumberbatch’s character gained even more visibility after appearing in Avengers: Infinity War and Spider-Man: No Way Home. If it hits $200 million, it will be the sixth biggest opening for a superhero title.
Stephen Strange helps a girl named America Chavez who can jump across various universes, but a demonic force tries to steal her powers. The quirky superhero encounters the Scarlet Witch, meets up with an old flame, and encounters Mordo.
Read more on the box office hit at the following additional news sources:
- Box Office: ‘Doctor Strange 2’ Flies to Sensational $90M Friday Hollywood Reporter
- Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness review – one for diehard Marvel fans The Guardian
- ‘Doctor Strange 2’ Illuminati, Explained: Who Are These Elite Marvel Heroes? CNET
- Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness: Biggest WTF Questions – IGN IGN
- Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness Review – Sam Raimi Can’t Save Maddening MCU Entry Esquire
- View Full Coverage on Google News