Box Office: ‘Top Gun 2’ Scores Record $86M Second Weekend, Hits $549M Globally – Hollywood Reporter
Top Gun: Maverick is doing massive business in its second weekend, earning an estimated $86 million. It has earned an estimated $291.6 million through Sunday in North America and $548.6 million globally.
Top Gun: Maverick became Cruise’s top-grossing film domestically on Saturday, passing up 2005’s The War of the Worlds and Cruise’s Mission: Impossible films, including the last installment, Mission: Impossible – Fallout.
In North America, Top Gun: Maverick had the playing field largely to itself until next weekend when Jurassic World: Dominion lands across the U.S. : Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness crossed $900 million worldwide : Crimes of the Future opened to $1 million.
Internationally, Top Gun: Maverick is already well ahead of the $176 million earned by the first Top Gun, not adjusted for inflation. The U.K. leads with $39.7 million. However, it is far from matching many of the recent Mission: Impossible films at the foreign box office. One reason — the sequel isn’t getting a release in China or Russia.
For more on this story, please consider these sources:
- Box Office: ‘Top Gun 2’ Scores Record $86M Second Weekend, Hits $549M Globally Hollywood Reporter
- Top Gun: Maverick Cleverly Avoids Every Legacy Sequel Mistake Screen Rant
- ‘Top Gun: Maverick’ Has a Secret Weapon Even Its Makers Didn’t Know About: A Great and Timely Villain (Hint: It’s Russia) Variety
- Top Gun Maverick: Navy, Air Force look for recruitment boost following big opening for Tom Cruise sequel Fox News
- Top Gun: Why Maverick and Iceman Have the Best Relationship Collider
- View Full Coverage on Google News