Teenage girl stabbed to death at McDonald’s over fight about dipping sauce

In a violent fight outside a McDonald’s restaurant in the Washington, DC area, a 16-year-old girl lost her life during a dispute over sweet and sour sauce. The victim, Naima Liggon, was allegedly stabbed by another 16-year-old girl during an argument that turned physical. The incident occurred in a popular nightlife section of the city, and the suspect has been arrested and charged with second-degree murder while armed.

According to Metropolitan police, the deadly altercation began as a verbal dispute between Liggon and the suspect, along with a third girl, over nugget dipping sauce. Detective Brendan Jasper testified in court that the argument escalated when Liggon and the third girl physically confronted the suspect outside the McDonald’s near U Street NW. Security footage revealed that the suspect, initially not fighting back, suddenly lunged at Liggon and the third teen as they tried to enter a vehicle. It was during this altercation that the suspect allegedly stabbed Liggon multiple times in the chest and abdomen with a pocket knife.

Despite being rushed to the hospital, Liggon could not be saved. The tragic incident occurred just a day before she was set to resume classes at Thomas Stone High School after the summer break. The suspect, whose identity remains undisclosed due to her age, was apprehended on Sunday and is being held without bail until her next court appearance. During the hearing, she pleaded not involved, the juvenile version of not guilty. DC Superior Court Judge Sherri Beatty-Arthur expressed her dismay over the reality that someone had lost their life over a dispute about sauce.

Prosecutor Priscilla Guerrero revealed that the suspect was found in possession of a knife when she was arrested. The defense attorney argued that the suspect acted in self-defense.

Friends and neighbors remember Liggon as a beautiful person with a great personality, always full of laughter. The shock of her tragic death has left the community devastated.

This tragic incident highlights the ongoing issue of violence among minors in Washington, DC. In response, city officials have implemented a curfew for minors aged 16 and younger in various parts of the city, including the U Street area, in an effort to curb juvenile violence. Liggon’s untimely death marks the 13th case this year of a young person under the age of 18 being killed in Washington, often at the hands of other minors.