Teen hospitalized after being found covered in urine and spray paint from hazing incident

Trenton ‘Trent’ Lehrkamp, a 19-year-old from Georgia, was admitted to the ICU after being subjected to a severe hazing incident that involved the consumption of excessive amounts of alcohol.

On March 21, three juveniles dropped Lehrkamp off at Southeast Georgia Health System following the incident, which took place at a home on St. Simons Island in Georgia. The three individuals left before the police arrived.

According to the Glynn County Police Department, responding officers found Lehrkamp being treated for high levels of intoxication resulting from a combination of alcohol and controlled substances. A police report revealed that Lehrkamp had shallow breathing, a blood alcohol level of .464, and required a ventilator.

The clothes he was wearing were soaked with urine, and he had spray paint on his body and hair. He also had a small bruise on his left shoulder.

Lehrkamp spent a week in the ICU, battling fevers and a lung infection, as reported by a GoFundMe page set up by Erika Keller to raise funds for his medical bills. As of Tuesday afternoon, the campaign had raised $76,551. The page also stated that Lehrkamp had been moved out of the ICU and has started his next stages of treatment.

Mark Lehrkamp, Trent’s father, told officers in the report that his son believed the people he was with cared for him because he had no other friends. However, Mark claimed that this was not the first time his son had returned from the home injured.

Allegedly, videos from previous incidents involving Lehrkamp began circulating on social media. The videos depicted the teen slumped over in a chair while he was being sprayed with a water hose.

The GoFundMe page described the perpetrators as “vile and abusive,” stating that they tortured, humiliated, and assaulted Lehrkamp in inhumane and terrifying ways for hours.

The Glynn County Police Department is continuing to investigate the incident, with both the Criminal Investigation Division (CID) and the Georgia Bureau of Investigations (GBI) conducting interviews with involved parties.

Authorities are urging anyone with any relevant information about the investigation to come forward. As of Tuesday, no charges had been filed.