Police: Two people dead, six more wounded in stabbing attack on the Las Vegas Strip – KTNV 13 Action News Las Vegas
Police were called to the Venetian casino on reports of a stabbing with multiple victims. Five patients were taken to University Medical Center’s trauma center for treatment.
The stabbings took place just before noon on the sidewalk along a stretch of South Las Vegas Boulevard known as the Strip. The suspect was followed by witnesses as he fled on foot before being quickly apprehended, a deputy police chief told reporters.
Witnesses told news reporters more insight about the suspect. According to the witnesses, the suspect told the women he was a chef and asked to pose for a photo with them while holding a knife, then stabbed them.
Eight people total were wounded in this mass stabbing on the Las Vegas Strip. One woman ran across the bridge, one was on the ground and another tried to help the woman on the ground by doing CPR until the police arrived.
Pierre Fandrich, a tourist from Canada, said he did not see the stabbing suspect, but saw “a lot of blood” and thought one of the victims fell from the bridge.
Another witness saw one victim lying on the ground near the shops at the Wynn and being tended to by a security guard.
For more information about this mass stabbing, please consider the news outlets listed below to stay in the know.
- Police: Two people dead, six more wounded in stabbing attack on the Las Vegas Strip KTNV 13 Action News Las Vegas
- 2 dead, 3 in critical condition from stabbings outside Las Vegas casino: Police Yahoo! Voices
- Las Vegas Strip stabbing leaves 2 dead, at least 6 others hurt ABC7
- Person hospitalized for stab wounds following fight in Las Vegas KTNV 13 Action News Las Vegas
- Multiple Injured, At Least One Killed, In Las Vegas Stabbing NBC News