At least 14 people were injured Friday evening after a vehicle crashed into an Arlington, Virginia, pub and caused an explosion and structure fire, police said.
Many people were taken to hospitals – four of whom were critically injured – other people were treated on the scene and released, the Arlington County Police Department said.
The crash took place at Ireland’s Four Courts pub and restaurant in the 2000 block of Wilson Boulevard, according to police. Multiple news outlets reported it happened about 6:45 p.m. on Friday.
The restaurant issued a statement Friday evening saying it was “devastated” by the accident.
Arlington Police Department is still investigating the accident.
UPDATE: Building engineers evaluated the structure and determined it was structurally sound but could not be reoccupied. The investigation remains ongoing.
— ArlingtonCountyPD (@ArlingtonVaPD) August 13, 2022
BREAKING NEWS: Busy scene here at Ireland's Four Courts in Arlington, Virginia. A car crashed in the pub causing a fire and multiple injuries. Lots of people are observing the situation in shock. Multiple police cruisers and fire trucks are in the area as they investigate. pic.twitter.com/jFUIE4sWty
— Sierra Fox (@thesierrafox) August 12, 2022
For more on this story, please consider these sources:
- At least 14 people injured after vehicle crashes into Virginia pub, police say CNN
- Multiple Injured After Car Crashes Into Pub Near D.C. NBC News
- ‘Like an explosion’: At least 14 hurt as car crashes into building in Arlington WTOP
- Car crashes into building, multiple people injured in Arlington WUSA9
- BREAKING: Multiple injuries after car crashes into Ireland’s Four Courts, catches on fire ARLnow