Man shoots two women, killing one, before attempting suicide in Chicago

A shooting incident unfolded on Wednesday morning in Chicago’s South Side. A man shot two women, resulting in the death of one of the ladies. Then, the suspect turned the gun on himself. The gunfire occurred in the 7600-block of South Michigan Avenue, leaving the community in shock. Chicago police are currectly investigating the incident as a murder-attempted suicide following a verbal altercation.

According to authorities, the incident took place at approximately 8:57 a.m. inside a residence. A 34-year-old man engaged in a heated argument with two women, aged 32 and 53. In a horrifying turn of events, the man pulled out a handgun and shot both women in the abdomen before inflicting a self-inflicted gunshot wound to his head. The motive behind the altercation remains unclear.

Emergency services swiftly responded to the scene, transporting the victims and the shooter to the University of Chicago Medical Center. Tragically, the 32-year-old woman succumbed to her injuries, while the 53-year-old woman remains in critical condition. The man is also in critical condition, receiving medical attention for his self-inflicted gunshot wound.

Chicago police have been diligently investigating the incident, spending hours collecting evidence both inside and outside the residence in Greater Grand Crossing. Neighbors have been cooperating with law enforcement, with one resident, Lisa Robinson-Allen, providing her home security footage to aid in piecing together the sequence of events. The shooter’s weapon was recovered near the garage where he shot himself.

The exact nature of the relationships between the three individuals involved in the incident has not been immediately established. However, it appears that the residence belongs to the older woman. The motive behind the argument and subsequent violence remains under investigation, as authorities work to uncover any underlying factors that may have contributed to this incident.