1 dead, 2 critically injured after dishwashing liquid served at San Mateo senior living home – KCRA Sacramento
It’s hard to believe that someone could mistake juice for a cleaning solution. However, an employee did just that at a senior living home. Three people were taken to the hospital after being served dishwashing liquid as drinking juice at Atria Park Senior Living facility.
A woman died after being mistakenly served the dishwashing liquid as if she were drinking juice at a San Mateo senior citizens home. In addition to her death, two other residents were sent to the hospital. The senior home is conducting an internal investigation.
A resident of a San Francisco Bay Area senior citizens home died after being mistakenly served dishwashing liquid as drinking juice, the home said. Two other residents were sent to the hospital and are in critical condition.
The family of 93-year-old Gertrude Maxwell said their loved one passed away following the incident. The family was told the substance the dementia patients had ingested was an alkaline cleaning solution that eats protein.
San Mateo’s Atria Park Senior Living Facility came under fire when employees fed cleaning fluid to residents and caused this unexpected death. Elder abuse attorney Kathryn Stebner said she has filed four lawsuits against Atria over the past four years.
To learn more about this shocking incident of elder abuse, please consider the news outlets listed below to stay in the know.
- 1 dead, 2 critically injured after dishwashing liquid served at San Mateo senior living home KCRA Sacramento
- Dementia-stricken woman dies after senior home serves her dishwashing liquid New York Post
- California senior center serves cleaning liquid to residents, woman with dementia dies USA TODAY
- Woman dead after residents served dishwashing liquid at California senior living facility KTLA Los Angeles
- Woman Dies After Seniors Served Dishwashing Liquid at California Nursing Home The Daily Beast