Man bought human body parts online, Cumberland County district attorney says – WGAL Susquehanna Valley Pa.
East Pennsboro Township police received a complaint about possible human body parts being sold online. What authorities found was more than shocking.
A man was purchasing human body parts online, according to the Cumberland County district attorney’s office. Police said they found human remains inside several buckets in his former home. He had also admitted to purchasing two shipments of human body parts to sell to people for monetary gain.
Pauley, who described himself as a collector of “oddities”, including human body parts, told investigators that the remains were acquired legally. However, after a second tip, investigators found more recent purchases in Pauley’s home, including assorted body parts, including of children.
Police arrested and charged 40-year-old Jeremy Lee Pauley on July 22. Pauley was released on $50,000 bond.
Pauley purchased human remains through Facebook Messenger. Investigators said he was attempting an additional purchase from a criminal woman. This woman was stealing body parts from a mortuary in Arkansas and shipping them to Pennsylvania for sale.
The human remains were determined to be the property of the University of Arkansas.
Police re-interviewed Pauley on July 15 and charged him with abuse of a corpse, receiving stolen property, and dealing in proceeds of unlawful activities.
To learn more about this gut-wrenching story, please consider the news outlets listed below to stay in the know.
- Man bought human body parts online, Cumberland County district attorney says WGAL Susquehanna Valley Pa.
- Pennsylvania man arrested for allegedly buying body parts from Arkansas woman accused of stealing them Fox News
- Police: Pennsylvania man tried to buy stolen human remains Yahoo News
- DA: Pennsylvania man purchased human body parts online wgaltv
- Cumberland County man accused of illegally purchasing human remains for resale on Facebook WPMT FOX 43
- View Full Coverage on Google News