Man arrested for committing multiple shootings and making Capitol threats in California

A 30-year-old Bay Area man, Jackson Pinney, was arrested on Thursday afternoon after allegedly committing multiple shootings in Roseville and Citrus Heights on Wednesday night. He also made threats that led to the temporary shutdown of the California Capitol building.

Pinney was apprehended near the intersection of Douglas Boulevard and Auburn-Folsom Road in Granite Bay, approximately 4.5 miles from the Roseville hospital targeted in the shootings.

No one was reported to have been injured in the shootings, and Pinney now faces numerous criminal charges. He is to be booked at the Placer County Jail. The Roseville Police Department expressed gratitude to the U.S. Marshal’s Office and the Placer County Sheriff’s Office for their assistance.

The search for the suspect began after a suspicious phone call was received by the police, during which someone requested an investigation into a murder before the call was abruptly disconnected. Witnesses at a Citrus Heights business reported that the caller had fled the scene in a gold-colored truck, firing several rounds as he left. No one was hit by the gunfire.

Citrus Heights police were then notified of another shooting involving a truck in the nearby vicinity.

Bullets struck a business and a detached structure in this second incident. Officers later identified the suspect’s vehicle as a 2002 gold-colored Ford F-150 pickup, registered to Pinney. His DMV photograph matched the description provided by witnesses.

It is unclear whether Pinney was arrested while in the pickup truck or an Acura Integra, another vehicle associated with him. Pinney allegedly continued firing gunshots from his vehicle as he drove from Citrus Heights to Roseville.

Roseville police received reports of shots fired from a vehicle near a local hospital. Two bullets struck the exterior of the Kaiser Permanente Medical Center building, but no injuries were reported.

Authorities placed the hospital on lockdown, which was later lifted. Additionally, the California Highway Patrol received information that the suspect in the non-injury shootings in Roseville and Citrus Heights had made credible threats against the state Capitol.

As a result, the Capitol building was evacuated for a brief period on Thursday morning, and normal operations resumed by 10:30 a.m. The Capitol building was temporarily closed again later in the afternoon.