Lunch lady shot dead at Texas elementary school

FORT WORTH, TX – A shocking incident unfolded in Fort Worth, Texas, as a cafeteria worker at David K. Sellars Elementary School was tragically shot and killed in the school’s rear parking lot. Authorities are actively seeking the suspect while assuring the community of their safety.

The victim, a staff member from the school, lost her life in a devastating shooting incident. Although Fort Worth ISD has not officially confirmed her role as a lunch lady, a teacher from the school indicated that she served in that capacity. The incident occurred around 6:50 a.m. in the school’s back parking lot.

Upon responding to the shooting call, Forest Hill Police discovered the woman with multiple gunshot wounds. They promptly initiated life-saving measures, and the victim was rushed to a local hospital with the assistance of the fire department and MedStar. However, she passed away from her injuries after arriving at the hospital.

For the time being, the victim’s identity is being withheld until formal identification by the Tarrant County Medical Examiner’s Office and out of respect for her family’s privacy.

Prior to the shooting, the victim had been engaged in a conversation with an individual in another vehicle in the parking lot, suggesting she may have known the suspect. After the shooting, the suspect of the violent crime fled the scene in a silver Chevrolet Impala, which was subsequently located abandoned in Fort Worth.

Investigators are actively processing evidence and pursuing the suspect, working toward obtaining an arrest warrant. Authorities encourage anyone with information regarding this crime to contact them.

Fort Worth ISD has reassured the community that there is no ongoing threat or danger to the school. Emergency personnel are collaborating with the district’s safety and security team and the Forest Hill Police Department to ensure the safety of students and staff.

Initially, students were held in the auditorium until the Forest Hill police cleared the building. By 12:40 p.m., the school was fully operational again, with confirmation that the suspect was no longer in the vicinity.