‘Kids still traumatized’: Father says son among 4 injured at football game in Broward – WPLG Local 10
Four people were injured when a shooting interrupted a boys’ little league football game on Sunday night at a Broward County Public School.
One of the victims shot was 18-year-old Willie James Cheatom III. The victim’s father said his son was shot in the leg while walking up the stairs in the stands next to the football field.
BSO deputies responded to the shooting at Anderson High School’s football field on Sunday evening. They found four victims, two juveniles and two adults. All of the victims that were shot during the incident were males.
After the shooting, some ran for cover, others got low to the ground. At the scene, there was screaming and crying.
The dangerous shooting occurred at a youth football game between the Florida Youth Football League and the American Youth Football League. Witnesses said a fight between gamblers led to the shooting.
Some audience members lost their keys and other personal items amidst the chaos of the shooting. Detectives were asking anyone with information about the shooting to call Broward County Crime Stoppers.
When attending a football game, the last thing that anyone expects is a violent encounter with deadly gunfire. This was also the case for those in attendance of this youth football game.
To learn more about this story, please consider the news outlets listed below.
- ‘Kids still traumatized’: Father says son among 4 injured at football game in Broward WPLG Local 10
- School football field turns into crime scene in Broward WPLG Local 10
- 3 people shot at sporting event in Lauderdale Lakes WPLG Local 10
- 3 juveniles taken to hospital after shots fired during sporting event at Boyd Anderson High in Lauderdale Lakes WSVN 7News | Miami News, Weather, Sports | Fort Lauderdale
- 3 people shot at high school sporting event in Lauderdale Lakes WPLG Local 10