Shooting at high school football game kills teen

A tragic incident unfolded at Choctaw High School in Oklahoma on Friday night, as gunfire erupted during a high school football game, resulting in the death of a teenager and multiple injuries. The shooting took place during the third quarter of the game between Choctaw High School and Del City High School. According to Choctaw Police Chief Kelly Marshall, an argument between two men on the visitor’s side of the stadium escalated into gunfire. The incident has left the community in shock and raised concerns about safety at school events.

A 16-year-old boy who was shot in the groin area tragically succumbed to his injuries. The identity of the victim has not been released, but authorities have confirmed that he was not a student at either school. Two other individuals were also wounded in the shooting and were rushed to a local hospital. A 42-year-old man who sustained a gunshot wound to the chest underwent surgery. Currently, he is believed to be in stable condition in the intensive care unit. A young woman who was shot in the thigh has also been treated and released. In addition to these injuries, two female students suffered broken wrists and a broken leg while attempting to flee the scene.

Authorities recovered two guns and eight rounds at the scene of the shooting. The police are currently searching for a person of interest who remains at large. In an effort to aid the investigation, the Uvalde Foundation for Kids has offered a financial reward for any information leading to an arrest. The foundation’s national director, Daniel Chapin, urged witnesses to come forward, stating, “In a stadium filled with spectators and students, someone knows something. Do the right thing & say something.”

During the chaos, a Del City police officer, who was working as security at the game, discharged his firearm. The Oklahoma County Sheriff’s Office is conducting an investigation into this incident to determine the circumstances surrounding the officer’s actions.

Chief Marshall expressed her commitment to addressing the tragedy and ensuring the safety of the community. She plans to meet with school officials to provide counseling and discuss additional safety measures for students and spectators.