Information We Collect
Identifiable information (“II”) is information that identifies you personally. This type of information is not typically or readily available to the public. It consists of information about you personally and may also include information about your family. We collect the II you provide via the Site in order to fulfill the service(s) we offer. When elected, we may collect II from outside data providers as well. You do not have to provide us with II; however, if it is not provided when requested, we may not be able to process your applications, satisfy your requests or otherwise conduct the business as expected. For instance, in order to provide an insurance quote, we collect II which includes your name, telephone number, mailing address, email address, gender, birthday, marital status, information about your vehicles and drivers. We may may also need to collect information regarding your existing insurance coverage and credit.
Tracking Methods and Information
InformingNews.com, its partners, marketing partners, affiliates, and analytic service providers (e.g. Google Analytics) utilize technologies which include cookies, beacons, tags, scripts and similar technologies . These technologies are utilized to track user movements within the site, administer the site, analyze trends and gather demographic information about our users. The companies utilizing these technologies may issue reports based on individual or aggregated usage by users. The user agent string from your device is also captured when visiting our site as it helps us to identify and classify your device type order to interact with the Site (e.g. desktop, tablet, mobile device). The user agent string does not collect personal II.
As is customary, we automatically gather particular information and store it within log files. This information may include browser type, Internet service provider (ISP), Internet protocol (IP) addresses, clickstream data, operating system, referring/exit pages and date/time stamp. This automatically collected log information may be combined with other user information collected. This is done to improve services offered and to improve analytics, functionality and marketing.
Our ad serving infrastructure is also utilized to serve display advertising. This infrastructure utilizes images, cookies, scripts and web beacons to collect non-personal II regarding your user activities on our site and others to provide optimum user experience with our advertisements.
Our Use and Disclosure of Your Personal Data and Information
- By submitting information such as your phone number and/or e-mail address via the Site, you consent to contact periodically, via e-mail and auto-dialed and/or manually-dialed telephone calls, regarding your quote request, and administrative issue about our services or the Site and/or information regarding offers that may interest you. You may receive e-mails with updated quotes as well. You may opt out of receiving e-mails at any time by unsubscribing through the applicable e-mail.
- By filling out information on this Site as you request information on insurance quotations and text-page, you authorize that the information may be sent to various insurance companies, insurance agents and other related third parties in our insurance quote network (collectively “Insurance Providers”). In order to fulfill your information request, the Insurance Providers may provide your personal information to their insurance carriers, suppliers and other related vendors in order to generate quotes and other relevant information, and the Insurance Providers may utilize your contact information, including telephone number(s) to contact you via manually or auto-dialed calls, email, fax,and postal mail. You agree to be contacted even if your phone number(s) is registered on local and/or national no-call lists. You also agree that each Insurance Provider that receives your quote request may confirm your information by using a consumer report, which may include, your credit score and/or driving record. With regard to faxing, you understand that Insurance Providers have an established business relationship with all users of this website, if required to comply with the then current law.
- You may update, correct, delete/remove user information or cancel our service on our member information page or by emailing our Customer Support at firstname.lastname@example.org or by contacting us via postal mail at the contact information listed below. Please allow us 10 business days to respond.
- We keep your information for the service duration. Despite requests to amend, remove your information, we will also keep your information as required in order to comply with applicable laws, dispute resolution purposes and for agreement enforcement.
- We will work with Insurance Providers so that they may protect your II pursuant to this policy. We will require Insurance Providers to use their means to securely process and retain your II. Please note that any information, whether the same or different than that provided to us, provided directly to the Insurance Provider is not covered under our policy. Accordingly, you should read the Insurance Provider’s text-page and terms before providing information directly. We will not be liable or responsible in any way, financial or otherwise, for the Insurance Providers or their practices as it is outside our control. The Insurance Providers will use II obtained from this site, information you provide directly and other information obtained, II gathered from other sources such as credit reporting agencies, etc. We are not liable or responsible for any information including II that is provided directly to the Insurance Provider or II the Insurance Provider obtains from other sources. Lastly, if you wish to opt out of communications from the Insurance Providers or no longer wish to receive insurance quotes, you must do so by contacting them directly. We cannot do this on your behalf or pass your request along.
- We will only share your information with third parties pursuant to this policy.
- We will also share your II in the following situations: Your information may be shared with third parties for advertising or promotional reasons subject to any restrictions. If you object to sharing your information with such companies, please contact us at email@example.com. In processing your information, we may share or allow access to your II with our service providers, subsidiaries, affiliates and hosting companies. When this is applicable, these parties should process the information pursuant to our instructions, terms and policies. The information will be used as necessary to provide services needed. Should we create subsidiaries, merge with or be acquired by another company, we may disclose your information and ask they comply with this policy. Potential acquirers may also receive some information subject to this policy and standard requirements. We will notify you via email or significant notice on our website if we are acquired or use your information. Lastly, If required by law, court order, served legal proceeding, served judicial proceeding or necessary to protect our rights, we have the right to disclose your II.
We take the security of your personal information seriously and will do our best to protect it. Please note there is no 100% secure transmission of information over the internet or electronic storage method. Consequently we cannot guarantee your information will be 100% secure. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions regarding our website security.
You may opt out of receiving communications by emailing our Customer Support at email@example.com or via postal mail at InformingNews, 137 E Elliot #1553, Gilbert AZ 85299-1553.
On our website, we collect and display testimonials of satisfied users and customers in addition to other endorsements. With your consent, if you provide a testimonial we may post it with your name. You may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to update or delete your testimonial.
Changes to Our Policy
Any changes our privacy practices will be posted on our website and the revised Policy is effective when posted. InformingNews reserves the right to update or modify this Policy at any time and from time to time. Please review our website frequently for any changes. By continuing to use our website after the revised Policy is posted, it will be assumed that you are aware, have accepted, and are subject to, our amended or revised Policy. If any material changes are made, you will be notified by email or notice on this website prior to the change becoming effective. Again, by continuing to use our website after the revised Policy is posted, it will be assumed that you are aware, have accepted, and are subject to, our amended or revised Policy.
Third-Parties and Social Media
137 E Elliot #1553
Last updated: November 3, 2021.